Judy Jackson was originally a translator (Italian, French and German). When she was in her twenties she started a small catering business. This led to giving cookery classes in her home and the publication of seven cookery books.
Now she is working on novels. The research for this book has taken her to Gibraltar, Lisbon and Safed. When she is not in the reading rooms of the British Library she still gives the occasional cookery class. She also writes restaurant reviews for Time Out (Eating Out in London).
Judy Jackson has been published by Faber, Macdonald, Marsons and Anness/Lorenz. One of her books sold over 40,000 copies. She has produced freelance pieces for many national newspapers, including The Times, The Independent, The Evening Standard and The Telegraph.
Other work includes an unpublished biography, 'Tess Blackburn' and a novel about a concert pianist.
Judy Jackson's latest book is called Lookit Cookit. It's for children of 7 - 13 and is full of games experiments, quizzes and over 100 photographs. To find out more please go to www.lookitcookit.com
- The Home Book of Jewish Cookery - published by Faber
- Microwave Vegetable Cooking - published by Macdonald
- A Feast in Fifteen Stories - published by Marsons
- The Jewish Kitchen - edited by Judy Jackson - published by Sunburst
- The Jewish Cookbook - published by Lorenz/Anness
- Classic Jewish - published by Lorenz/Anness
- The Essential Jewish Cookbook - published by Lorenz/Anness
- Lookit Cookit - published by Marsons
- The Camel Trail
- Sextet (to be published very soon)
Judy is married with four sons, four American daughters-in-law and twelve grandchildren who live as far apart as the United States, England and Israel.